When I moved four years ago, I was suddenly taken off guard one evening upon seeing the first fireflies of summer. It had been so long; the good people in the county where I used to live blanketed the air with pesticides in the summers to keep the mosquito population at bay but sadly they killed all the fireflies in the process.
So every night the pooch and I go on his evening consitutional and count fireflies (or lightning bugs, depending on where you're from).
It's the little things in life that make us happy and to that end:
Fireflies in the Garden
Here come real stars to fill the upper skies,
And here on earth come emulating flies,
That though they never equal stars in size,
(And they were never really stars at heart)
Achieve at times a very star-like start.
Only, of course, they can't sustain the part.
~Robert Frost
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'll send pics tomorrow...
great post, ssugar ;)
Post a Comment